Tel: 0203-633-2523 Mob: 0788 497 1578
5 Harbour Exchange Square, South Quay,
Canary Wharf, E14 9GE
AMTIRA Massage & Beauty Therapy,
5 Harbour Exchange Square, South Quay, Canary Wharf, E14 9GE.
Tel: 0203-633-2523 Mob: 0788 497 1578 email@example.com
HEAD, NECK & SHOULDERS MASSAGE
The neck and shoulders are the most common areas of the body that are prone to stiffness and accumulated tension.
Continuous build up of stress and tension in the neck and shoulder region leads to stiff necks, aching shoulders and headaches.
Desk jobs, long working hours, incorrect sitting positions and general bad postural habits may all
contribute to pain and discomfort in these areas.
A neck and shoulder massage is primarily done to relieve the tension and stress around the neck and shoulder area. The importance of the neck and shoulder region lies in the fact that the neck is a flexible structure that connects the brain to the rest of the body. Tension in this important part of the body invariably causes overall discomfort. Since the human scalp is replete with nerve endings and majority of the nervous system located inside the skull, along with the brain, a good scalp massage stimulates the nervous system. A scalp massage increases blood flow to the head thereby easing stress and chronic headaches. Friction movements to the scalp causes the release of endorphins, which, in turn, helps in relieving pain in the area. Scalp massages have also been regarded as the ideal way to de-stress, and are known to be effective as relaxing and calming techniques.
BENEFITS OF HEAD, NECK & SHOULDERS MASSAGE
* Brings renewed mobility in the neck and shoulder region.
* Scalp stimulation increases blood circulation and promotes healthy hair
* Soothes away stress , tension, anxiety
* Promotes relaxation and re-energises the mind and body
* Provides a sense of calmness, peace and tranquillity
* Releases anxiety, stress and mental stain
* Helps with depression
* Relieves pain & muscle tension
* Reduces insomnia
* Relieves headaches and migraine
* Boost the immune system & promotes the body’s own healing mechanisms