DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
Deep tissue massage is a type of massage therapy that focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. It is especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas such as stiff necks, low back tightness, and sore shoulders. Movement is slower and the pressure is deeper and concentrated on areas of tension and pain.
Where there is chronic muscle tension or injury there are usually adhesions (bands of painful, rigid tissue) in muscles, tendons and ligaments. Adhesions can block circulation and cause pain, limit movement and cause inflammation.
Deep tissue massage works by physically breaking down these adhesions to relieve pain and restore normal movement. To do this, the massage therapist often uses direct deep pressure or friction applied across the grain of the muscles
BENEFITS AND EFFECTS
* Treat a variety of physical ailments
* Reduce the pain caused by injuries
* Loosening the tight tissue clusters
* Help alleviate muscle tension
* Reduce the inflammation that causes pain
* Recommended after recovery from surgery
* Concentrates on the deep layers of muscle
* Rehabilitates injured muscles
* Eliminates toxins from the muscles
* Improving lymphatic circulation
* Breaks up scar tissue
* Rehabilitate sports injuries
* Help promote healing
* Reduces chronic pain
* Increases the flow of blood
* Improves blood pressure
* Helps stretch tight muscle
* Improves range of motion .